Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chapter 52: Sarcastic Me

I think that I am burned-out in every aspect of my life. I’m growing tired of my family, I’m tired of having to pick the hymns for relief society, I hate my job and am currently taken the proper course of action to get out of it., I’m just sick of everything. I don’t feel like being friendly or even pretending to be friendly anymore. I no longer care about sparing feelings, and I don’t care how it would affect certain people in my life. I went to my parent’s house for dinner tonight and did not want to be there. The moment I pulled into the driveway I knew I didn’t want to stay for long. I even stayed in the car for while before going in.
At dinner my sister told me how my mom told her how G.I. Joe was flirting with me the night before. I just rolled my eyes and then all the questions started from my brother and sister-in-law. Then suddenly my sister-in-law ever the gatherer of information asks, “is he single?” and I turned to her and said, “no, he’s married, kinda awkward” And she had a look on her face like I was serious! It was so weird.
If my family doesn’t back off I will distance them from me, and that’s a promise. So tonight I took a little self-destructive ‘me’ time. I went and hung out with Baby Face for a couple of hours. He wanted to see the dog so we met up to hang out and he could see my dog after the months since he last saw him. It was fun and I really needed it. At one point I got a bottle of water out of my car and it had been sitting in there for a while, but I pulled it out for the dog and Baby Face asked if it was hot and I held it and got a surprised look on my face and said, “Weird, it’s ice cold.” He snatched it from my hand and felt it and said, “It’s hot!” I just started laughing, and he finally got it that I was being sardonic. Why is it that everyone is falling for what I am saying lately? It’s like people forgot that I’m sarcastic, or maybe I am just getting better at being convincing when I flat out lie to people…excuse me, it’s not lying, but being sarcastic.
Anyway, I didn’t realize how long we had been hanging out, but the sun was setting and finally we decided to leave. It was almost 9 o’clock. He told me to bring the dog next Sunday and it would be a tradition and then next summer when he finally got a dog he would bring it too and they could play. It’s the most long term commitment I’ve ever gotten from a guy. Haha…that’s kind of sad.

No comments: