Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chapter 139: Ease Dropping

So I’m sitting here, at this moment, listening to SF-HB and Packrat talking about me! They are up in the kitchen and I’m down four stairs in my bedroom and SF-HB is telling packrat how I didn’t seem to approve of the quote that packrat said the other night. The one I obviously didn’t approve of because I blogged about it. I’m guessing they don’t think that I can hear them, because they are trying to talk softer and I was half tempted to say, “I can hear you!” but wanted to hear more of what they were saying about me. Hushed voices, and some laughs about how I’m not as crude as they are, etc. etc. etc. then someone walked in so I missed my chance. So do I walk upstairs and let them feel uncomfortable? Let’s see. Okay no reaction, they had no idea I heard them.
But I did keep going and went upstairs to see Moxie. So we are having people over tonight to watch Batman and Moxie suggested we get Little Caesar’s pizza, $5 a pizza as I recall and SF-HB and Packrat wanted Papa John’s. Never since the beginning of time has Papa John’s offered cheap pizzas. When I was making brownies Packrat was telling me how SF-HB had some coupons so it was the same price and I asked her how many pizzas we were ordering. It seems to have gone over their heads that just because the total is the same doesn’t mean that the quantity is the same. In fact, two pizzas is less than four, so if you do the math we are in fact paying more. But you know what? They are apparently the smart ones, so…whatever, they must be right.
I don’t even care that they were talking about me, because it’s not like Moxie and I weren’t doing it the other night. In fact I’m a little happy I heard them, makes me feel better for being such a jerk, because deep down we’re all jerks on the inside.

No comments: