Thursday, December 14, 2006

Chapter 2:The Subconscious

So the other night I had a dream that I was at work and Baby Face and Steel Eyes came in to see me. They were standing in some stairwell and I asked Baby Face how his game went, I don’t know what kind of game but the other day we was trying to get off of work because he had a game so I can only imagine it’s that one. Baby Face had a little monkey with him (got to look up what that means in a dream book). The monkey would randomly leave Baby Face and jumped all over the stairwell. I wanted to hold the monkey but Baby Face said it didn’t like strangers, suddenly just then the monkey jumped up on to my shoulder. Of course now that I had gotten what I wanted I was paranoid about whether or not the monkey would freely secrete his waste on me. That’s all I remember from that dream, I just remember how weird it was that Baby Face had a monkey.
Last night in my dream apparently Baby Face and I were dating and we were trying to go somewhere to do something in the snow, but I can’t remember where or what we were going to do but I do remember that there was lots of snow. We decided to go to Baby Face’s house to do whatever it was we were going to do and he was trying to give me directions but he was all turned around and his directions were full of “I think it’s this way.” Somehow we actually made it to the road we were looking for but then something happened and we left our car and decided to walk the rest of the way. There was no doubt that we were in Rexburg, I recognized the street and the amount of snow was right. I just couldn’t figure out why we thought it was a good idea to leave the car behind and walk. We had to go over to the side of the road because cars were still driving (by the way you couldn’t even see the road it was just covered in tons of white snow). So Baby Face jumps down into the ditch and I followed unwillingly. We both didn’t land on our feet which is to be expected in that weather, and I slide on my knees. I yelled out because I knew that my pants would be wet and muddy but when I went to stand up they weren’t. Suddenly Baby Face’s ex-girlfriend was there (which he’s never even had a girlfriend to my knowledge) and I thought it was awkward that she was there and I was there at the same time. Then I woke up.
I decided that I could sleep in today, I’ve wanted to sleep past 8:30 every other day this week but couldn’t so today I rolled over and went back to bed.
My next dream was almost as weird as the first one. I was walking with someone I knew but I can’t say who it was and we were walking down a street that I live off of. I was wearing this purple skirt that I made last year and underneath it was a sparkly green skirt (apparently I thought that looked cool that morning). But the really weird part is that when the wind blew just right it caught my skirt and I actually floated! The girl with me thought that was pretty cool and I told her how it was catching my skirt(s) just right and she tried it too. So when the wind blew again we were both floating, I went higher of course probably because of the green skirt underneath and I got a little scared that I would keep going up but finally got myself to lower to the ground. Then we went to a school and met up with my old roommate (the Antagonizer). I don’t know geographically where this school was since the Antagonizer is in Idaho and the girl who was with me suddenly is a new friend from church who is headed out to Idaho soon. We were sitting in a room with a computer and there were two other girls there and new friend was talking to them for a while and then there teacher came to get them and the three of us left in the room tried to get on the computer to work on a project. I kept saying that I had no idea how high school worked anymore, I couldn’t only think how college worked so this project was going to be hard. The Antagonizer agreed. She tried to sign on with her friend’s log in information but it wasn’t working so I told her to go to our school site since it is another school it shouldn’t be blocked by the school’s filter. So she tried but it went to some other site which looked like it was a Myspace-like website but for BYU-Idaho students. Would have loved to look at it more but we had a project to do. So we were talking about our project instead and I noticed that the Antagonizer’s hair looked really nice, she had grown it out to shoulder length and she had gone to her natural color and had it slightly pulled back. I kept wanting to tell her that I thought it looked nice but didn’t for some reason. Then she started to talk about the night before and how her and her roommates had done something for her birthday and then she looked over at me and Oreo who had suddenly been conjured up out of thin air and said she was sorry she didn’t tell her sisters. It took me a second until I realized that she was referring to Oreo and me as her sisters, and of course including Sweet Pea, though she wasn’t there. Apparently we had all flown in to do this project and gotten there a day too late to celebrate the Antagonizer’s birthday, but she was putting the blame on herself because she didn’t tell us because she didn’t want us to interrupt our lives and come a day earlier…something like that. It all gets blurrier the longer I am awake.
Then I was in a strange mixture of the room I had been in and a little bit of work. There was another trainer (because now we have switched over to work); I don’t remember what name I had been calling him. But he kept messing up and every time that he did he yelled, “Son of a!” that was it, that’s all he yelled. So I was helping a customer who was buying little random gifts for all of her friends and she wanted to write her check for $60 over and for some reason the math was difficult for both of us and I told her my best guess at what her total with be with $60 cash back. She wrote a check, I typed in the amount and then the screen said that she was getting $6 cash back. I told her that she had written it wrong and was only getting $6 not $60, I think she decided that it would just have to do and she would get cash some other time. After she left I was checking my register to see if I needed anything and I noticed that there were coupons and rebate checks in the slot where $10 bills go. I heard the other trainer’s voice say something about rebate checks and then I said aloud to myself that they go in the checkbox…because they are checks. Even though the other trainer wasn’t there I heard him yell his famous “Son of a!”. It was strangely refreshing. Then I was trying to organize the register area which suddenly became a computer area and Steel Eyes came in and told me what a good job I was doing, and kept complimenting me on how well I took care of that area. I told him thank you but that I couldn’t really take all of the credit, especially since the area didn’t look that great when he came in but when I looked back the whole area looked very well organized. That’s all, I may or may not have woken up at this point leading to this memory gap, or it could be the fact that the longer I am awake the less I remember about my dream. Which is why I quickly wrote down what I do remember.

No comments: