Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to

I'm not depressed, about being a year older or anything else for that matter...but I am emotional for some reason. I've gone through my mental checklist of various reasons why I would be emotional and everything is clear so far. I'm fine with being older, I've accepted my single status for the time being (this does change from year to year). Birthdays haven't ever really been a big deal for me. But I think one problem is that this year I actually expected something. I expected getting what I got last year. A decorated workstation, lunch at my favorite restaurant, etc. But I didn't get those things. And that was fine, but it felt like a let-down.

Granted, lunch will be on a day that my boss isn't sick to her stomach and the decorated workstation was just plain embarrassing.

Facebook tells all of your friends that it is your birthday and with 400+ friends (yeah I was surprised by that too) it's not surprising that in 10 minutes 7 friends would write on my wall to say "Happy Birthday". When I got home for lunch there were already 24 or so that had done it and it was just 1 o'clock. But I almost wish they wouldn't. I don't like to make a big deal out of these things. However, one thing that I really appreciate is the phone call I got from Baby Face. I missed it by probably 30 seconds so I just waited for the voicemail. I don't know why I love this kid so much, but this might have something to do with it. He left a message saying that he heard from someone (Facebook) that it was my birthday and that if I wasn't doing anything, which I probably was, I should stop by the store tonight because he is working. I don't know why but it's one of my favorite things this birthday, and I'll be going in to see him. How could I not when he made that effort? It's a whole lot better than a "happy birthday" on my wall. ...I would totally be his girlfriend.

But before that I'll be going to my parent's house to eat dinner...Yum-o!

No comments: