Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chapter 47: Did I Ask You?

So, I had to go to work right after finding out from MM that my dog had been found. I have to admit that when you are upset you do things you may regret. I almost e-mailed my mom about moving home, instead I contacted Duckie about becoming roommates. I can’t live with MM anymore, it’s more than just her telling me what she thought was best for me. She is not living my life, she does not think the way I do, so she has no say in my decisions. Besides all of that I can’t continue to live with her because I can’t continue to be between her and Bull and I can remove myself from MM more easily. It’s time to move anyway. I can’t expect my roommates to want my dog to return. First thing I asked Duckie is if she likes dogs; once that was established I asked if she would be completely opposed to living with my dog and I. She’s not opposed but she wants to talk about it in person. So we’ll see. Then I texted MM and told her I wanted my dog back. I also texted Baby Face and told him I found my dog. He called me and we talked about it then he asked what I was doing, but I was on my way to work. He thanked me for the CDs though I don’t know if he’s actually listened to them and then we hung up.
When I got home from work I wasn’t going to even talk to my roommates, nothing personal against Diva or Jellybean, but I didn’t feel like talking. I felt like this was something I was supposed to be thrilled about and yet at the same time felt like I shouldn’t be excited because I shouldn’t take him back. I was still angry at MM and unfortunately I usually let that affect everyone. But I went upstairs and talked to them and felt like I was over reacting anyway and then Jelly bean came in and started to give me her opinion and I wasn’t too thrilled about that and then it just slipped out that I was looking for another place to live. I sat up in Diva’s room for a while talking and MM came home while I was up there, I closed the door so that I could hide from her, not that it helps. She came up and asked where I was and Jelly bean pointed. She had me listen to the message, like that was going to change my mind. Why couldn’t she just give me the number? She didn’t just have me listen to the message either; she had it on speaker phone so that everyone could. I know she probably didn’t mean anything by it, but I’m one of those people who reads into everything so the gesture just kind of ticked me off more and actually made me more determined to get my dog back. Jelly Bean told me after MM had left that she would get the dog back after listening to that message.
Jelly Bean came down to my room later to talk to me about it. I wanted her honest opinion of what she would think if I brought the dog back. I’m not necessarily convinced that she would actually be in support, but she tried to make me feel that way. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I do like where I am at, but if Duckie and I can find something in a good price range I can’t guarantee that I won’t decide to do it. My life is full of changes right now, what’s the harm in adding one more?

No comments: