Sunday, May 20, 2007

Chapter 35: Spandex?

I’m not really in the mood to write today. But I feel a strange obligation to do so. Probably because Diva reads this now and she thinks that it’s time for more. More of what? What is it that is so fantastic about all of this? I think it’s more entertaining to the people who are living with the same characters that I am writing about. She is probably more entertained by Brutally Honest 2, as Sweet Pea is probably more entertained by the first one.
The problem with this entire thing is that the entire time I have actually been trying to be a better person and I think that when you reread everything that has been written you can tell that I have made some improvements. The downside to improving and becoming a better person is that you are likely to remove a lot of drama from your life, my life minus drama means that I just can’t be as interesting. I thrive on over-exaggerating the drama that lays within the threads of my discorded life.
You know, I think I need a new nemesis. Without a nemesis there is no hero. It’s not enough for a superhero to have cool powers without anyone to use them against. If all the superhero’s friends are in eminent danger of getting a paper cut at work, a fender bender on a crowded street, or their heart broken then there really isn’t much holding the interest of the readers. Would Spiderman have been as cool without Doc. Oct or Venom? Would Superman been as cool without Lex Luther and Kryptonite? No, they’d just be reduced to grown men wearing red and blue spandex. Sure they could fly or “web”, but why would anyone care beyond the initial jealousy that one feels every time they realize that they are genetically declined the ability to be uniquely endowed.
Without a nemesis what am I beyond a rambling, incoherent, individual with a computer and plenty of time to spare, not to mention some killer typing skills which helps me to write more in less time, even when I didn’t think I had much to say in the first place. Why is it that when I feel forced I can just write and write and write but have no idea what I am saying. Superheroes? I mean seriously, where did that come from? It’s true, but where did it come from?

No comments: