Sunday, February 11, 2007

Chapter 14: Change

Update quickly, I’ve lost Baby Face too. Well, I didn’t lose him, he’s still at the store, but he went over to produce department. So he’s as good as lost. Also I am switching over to full time. The other trainer has made it official and I am supposed to call my manager today and that’s what she is going to tell me. I have to act like I didn’t already know all the details because Bulldog let it slip yesterday. I had talked to Bulldog about how I may be going to full time but I didn’t know the details (this was three days ago). Yesterday he got the call from my manager and thought that was funny because we just talked about it. He told me my last day in the store and everything. It’s bittersweet at best. I mean, one of the trainer’s is leaving and she’s done a lot to help me feel welcome into this little “elite” group, and I’m leaving my store I won’t be working in that store anymore and I won’t even be training for that store, I won’t be training in any of the stores I love. That’s all the bitter…the sweet part is a pay increase, a guaranteed 40 hours a week, and holiday pay. Oh yeah, and a desk, with a filing cabinet. Training is just a lonely job and I was able to counteract it with working in the store every once in a while with my friends. I’m just going to have to force myself to hang out with my roommates and their friends for a little social interaction.
Not the point here…I just needed to update. I really wanted to write about my weird dream, which is why I updated about Baby Face but updates always lead to more updates. The dream last night was weird but real, and I think you know what I mean. So I was at my parent’s house and it apparently was Halloween because Spam and Burrito were really excited to go trick-or-treating. My sister and her husband were there and we were doing something at the kitchen table, I can’t remember what though. Suddenly Baby Face was there and he was acting all excited to go trick or treating…it was like he was making fun of Spam and Burrito, but I couldn’t be certain. Both of the kids wanted me to take them trick-or-treating and I didn’t want to, but then Baby Face said that it would be fun and so I think I decided that I would but later in the dream I looked out the back door and Baby Face and Burrito were down the street already. I went to grab my camera to take a picture because Baby Face had Burrito’s backpack on. Note to reader: Burrito is the typical 6 year old, so his backpack is small and would look funny on an adult, and in addition it’s pockets are differentiated by each one being a different primary color. Thus the camera. I was at the kitchen table trying to get the camera and my dad was at the table working on finances or something like that and I had a bunch of stuff spread on the table (probably for work) so I started to organize it and put it in my work notebook so that he wouldn’t accidentally mess with them. By the time I got my camera from my purse and returned to the window they were out of sight, so I went to find my shoes. While I was doing this I realized that they didn’t take Spam along and I figured this was to get Burrito finished with his trick-or-treating before it got dark…either that or Spam (as in real life) was taking too long to get her costume together so they went on without her with plans to come get her later.
Suddenly I found myself walking down the street and I seem to know all my neighbors, because as I pass their houses I know who lives in each one. It was eerie because I have had dreams walking down that same street and before too long my brother would come speeding down in a monster truck and he would be trying to hit me. I haven’t had that dream in a long time, and luckily he didn’t show up in the dream, and no monster truck did either. But I lost Baby Face and Burrito. Hello! Interpretation please!
I should probably go call my manager and try to sound excited over the phone. I just don’t get too excited about many things. I’m happy, but I’m not good at outwardly expressing it all the time. I just give most things a smile and that’s about it, I’m not all about the “Oh great!” And what am I suppose to say to my manager? All I can think to say is, “Oh, ok”. Because seriously, it’s not something I’m going to be too excited about considering that the other trainer has to leave in order for me to have it. I’ve never been power hungry so getting this position isn’t really doing it for me. It’s pleasant, and that’s the only way I know how to react to it. I did the same thing when I got the position I currently hold. People had to ask me if I was happy about it or if I was excited about it. Hey, at least when I’m really excited, you’ll know, because I don’t put on the show for just anything!

No comments: